The leadership of the Ghana National Association of Private Schools (GNAPS) met with the Acting Executive Secretary of NIB, Dr. Hilda Hagar Ampadu. The meeting was at the initiative of Rev. Prince K.K.Quaidoo, the Western Regional Chairman and Private School representative on the NIB board. Fourteen delegates from GNAPS participated in a discussion which focus on the registration of schools. The delegates led by the 2nd Vice President Mr. John Afranie Boateng, includes the Gen. Secretary, the National Organizer and his Deputy, the Financial Secretary, Greater Accra Chairman and Secretary, BA vice chairperson and some key stakeholders of GNAPS.
The NIB boss who was joined by some of her technical staff made up of administrators, policy advisors and statisticians welcomed the delegation. She took the team through the registration of schools and the financial burden that it poses.
Highlights of the meeting
• All school shall be licensed and certified by NIB, Registrar General and Local Assemblies after the passage of the new Education Bill
• No school can operate without an MIB certification. All registration would be accompanied by annual inspections to be borne by the schools
• School can solicit for whole school inspection at a cost
• Information on registration is available on the NIB web site www.inspectorateboard.gov.gh
• Inspection report would determine grade of school, categorized into A to D,
• NIB would accept the role of associations as negotiators for member schools
Justice King Essiel